Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Poor Richard

My cousin Rich is confused. Just because I spent a couple of months, four actually, doing an internship at a newspaper in California, that does not mean that I am not his cousin. There was that girl who lived near them in Walnut Creek and was a good friend of my cousin David and near the same age as he and who was also working at the newspaper in the production department at the same time that I was doing my internship although I do not remember her name. Someone said that she was a lesbian and that she and her partner bought the house that formerly belonged to my aunt, Richard's mother. Obviously I do not own a house in Walnut Creek so that has nothing to do with me, nor do I remember anything about her or if I even met her or only was told something about her. Obviously she is not related to me and there is no connection between myself and her, myself having left after four months never to return to that place ever again. I have a lot of other things to think about besides wondering who all the Andrews connections were, as if I care. I don't care, actually, and that is another reason, one of many reasons actually, not to care about the supposedly "hip" Bay Area and other parts of Northern California where I really do not have anything to go back to. It is just not for me.