Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Seventeen

I remember that during my senior year in high school one of the missionary wives, Vickie Smeya, gave me a copy of Seventeen magazine but with some pages torn out so that my tender adolescent eyes would not be corrupted by something. Well, that was weird. How stupid do these people think I am anyway? Are you calling me an ignoramus? Obviously, all I had to do one day while in the school library and looking at Seventeen magazine there, all complete with all the pictures and nothing cut out, was to look at that particular issue and flip through the pages to see that it was an article about Linda from "The Exorcist," a movie that I never saw anyway nor did I read the article, just flipped by and saw that it was not anything that I would want to read anyway, thanks anyway. There were people in my high school who did see that movie but I was not one of them, nor is there any reason why I should have to explain this minor detail of my complicated life to some stupid witch ranting and screaming on the other end of the phone, thanks anyway.