Saturday, July 2, 2011

Weed

Yes, that was rather disappointing. The seed that Mr. Schaeffer gave me was only a weed. It was for 10th grade biology class. I cannot speak for the other students' seeds but mine was only a weed. We were given a seed and a little potting soil thing in which it was to germinate and its emergence to be recorded daily on a log book to be turned in a few weeks later for a biology class project. So I did plant my seed and recorded it more or less although maybe not quite daily. Later, the gardener planted the little seedling out in the garden and it grew quite tall, maybe four feet tall, and began to multiply into a sort of thicket. However, there was no flower or fruit to be had. So eventually we had the gardener remove the weed from the garden because it did not fit in the garden. I never did find out exactly what it was. Mr. Schaeffer's little secret, as he said in the first place, so no reason to ask. Also no reason to imagine some other symbolic thing, such as the idea of me being a weed. How insulting! How dare you call me a weed, you noxious pestilence! So there.