Monday, July 18, 2011

Speaking Of Parties

I recently was looking through the old "Trojan Times" high school newspaper, what few copies I had saved, and noticed a story about Gwen Juneau inviting some people to her house for a party to organize a charity drive. They all contributed money to give presents to the children of prisoners or soldiers or something like that. I had not noticed that story originally when I was on the high school newspaper staff. Gwen did not invite me to her party but I really did not think about it very much. I do not really know Gwen at all so I am not surprised that she did not invite me to her party. I do not remember ever meeting Gwen so it did not matter to me. Just because these people's pictures appear in my high school yearbook, that does not mean that they are going to have any place in my future life whenever I get back to the United States. (Hint: Earth to Thomas Hills) There is nothing magical about high school. Anyway, it is nice that Gwen had a party and gave gifts to the children. That is nice but, anyway, it does not matter that I did not participate there as I was not invited anyway, not that I care. And I do not recall seeing Gwen Juneau invited to participate with us in door-to-door witnessing with the AIM team from Arkansas for an entire week. Perhaps Gwen would not be capable of translating and leading someone to surrender their live of Christ in the Spanish language given that she is probably not saved anyway, just like the Hills brothers are also probably not saved and never led anyone to Christ in their entire lives, only played war games. That is the problem with these mainliners who think they know everything but don't really know what matters, and this also applies to cranky old buzzard Marvin. I never want to hear another word from lowlife Marvin and his mainlining high school buddies. Do these people have any idea how many second cousins I have on my mother's side let alone my father's side? Thousands probably, and they all think they know everything and that they ought to be in charge of family business. So it logically follows that none of them are going to be in charge of me, obviously. Especially not Marvin.