Sunday, February 1, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Yes, now I remember. You asked me if I had noticed that people were teasing Trina Tinker about her name. And I said that yes, come to think of it, I think that I did overhear something. I noticed someone riffing on that book title that refers to tinkers, tailors, soldiers and spies. Yes, I suppose that name jokes can get sort of irritating, especially when they are made on your own name. I suppose that the dictionary definition alone would be enough to get some jokesters started on the tinkers. And of course I would know all about name jokes. My name is often mistaken for candy because it sort of sounds like that which explains why I am continually subjected to all kinds of jokes about my name, about candy canes, and being striped red and white, and am I sweet, and can you eat me and so forth. Blah blah blah. No, you may not eat me. How many times do I have to explain that actually no, you may not eat me. I am not that sort of candy. So obviously I know about name jokes. I might have said something like that. I really don't remember much.