Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Which Reminds Me

I seem to vaguely remember hearing that Daniel, my third cousin twice removed, sold himself a slave to the COGIC of Los Angeles. Ok, so that's nice, but the rest of us are really not included in that bargain. It is hard for us to even remember anything about them. We did hear their names mentioned occasionally but why these people are so impressed with the pronouncements of Daniel is hard for us to understand. It is not like he was ever really my friend, just one of those people I am related to. I do remember seeing him a handful of times at family funerals. Beyond that I really don't know much about him or remember anything specific to tell you about them. For more information I can only refer you to great-grandmother's diaries, where copious notes are provided of her many visits to Daniel's family home. There are many references there to his mother and father and his brothers and sisters and all of their families. Great-grandmother obviously enjoyed her visits with them, which occurred quite frequently. I really have nothing to add to that.