Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Speaking of Greek, I do remember Miss Lilian Pilarinos who was a schoolteacher at the MK school for a couple of years. If she is still alive she would probably still be living in New Orleans area. She was never really my teacher, however. During 7th grade we were on furlough in the U.S. During 8th grade my teacher was Mrs. Grace Richardson, who was teaching the older children of 5-8th grades that year while in the other schoolroom grades 1-4 were taught by Miss Pilarinos. I don't remember if she was still there in 9th grade but by then I was sent to the American high school so I really don't know what else happened that year. I only appeared at a handful of school events and parties so I would agree that those people really don't know me that well. They probably don't remember very much about me. They probably remember mostly my sister who was there. One thing I do remember, however, was that Miss Pilarinos was overheard to loudly complain that she was feeling like a spare tire as a single schoolteacher working amongst a bunch of missionary couples. Maybe I did overhear that. Maybe I did mention that to someone. I don't remember. What did I put in all of those letters I wrote to Susie? I don't remember. Maybe she could mail them back to me so I could refresh my memory. Yes, well, anyway, so that's just how it is for single women missionaries on the field, sort of miserable, not really so exciting as she might have imagined. It's just work work work, but come to think of it that's life. It's just all about the work.