Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ecuadoran Connections

Which reminds me that when I was in college in California my classmates included Sandra and Cindy Santiago whose parents were missionaries in Ecuador. We might have talked a few times but not really about Ecuador or El Salvador, where is the country where I lived from age 9 to 18 because my parents were missionaries there, and I don't think I every really met their brother, whatever his name is. In studying up on these things we see that both of those countries have one of those cute little 19th century railroads but I can only speak for myself in saying that we have no ownership in the railroad. I can only say that one summer day when the Stewarts were in town a group of us MKs took a ride on El Salvador's railroad all the way to Amapulapa where we went swimming and then rode the train back to town, which provides some picturesque views of certain back parts of the country one would probably never see from the highway. I probably have the photos somewhere.

Also, here in Florida we are acquainted with the Niles, Byron who died and his wife Ann, she of the serious attitude problem who remarried in Ohio.