Friday, October 26, 2012

Methodist Attitude

I suddenly seem to see that many of these people with attitude problems are Methodists. They seem to think that everyone should be a Methodist. Mike Rogers of Michigan is a Methodist so everyone who is not a Methodist is on the "other" side of the conflict, whatever that means. As if the United States were synonymous with Methodism. Not so. The last time I checked there were plenty of U.S. citizens from Presbyterian, Lutheran, Anglican, Episcopalian, Baptist, Congregationalist, Mennonite, Pentecostal and other Christian persuasions, all of these with their own missionary representatives serving in China and other countries at one time or another. There is nothing wrong with that. We have freedom of association in this country, the United States, so if I do not feel comfortable shooting the breeze with the Unitarian-Methodist Hills brothers, I am perfectly within my legal rights. Besides, while I don't remember the name of that Unitarian girl, I am sure that they do. I should not have to explain about what's-her-name when everybody already knows who she was. Some time I will have to review my yearbook to see if I can remember which blond she was, but I do remember that she was a year or two ahead of us, not in our class.