Monday, October 22, 2012

Mexican Bullies

I vaguely remember at age 8 being bullied by those nasty Mexican girls. The Mexican girls think that we American Yankees always think we are better and playing the uppity-up game as they would and thus their entire aim and purpose in life is to prove that we white girls are really not as good as we think we are. This goal occupies all of their thinking day and night. Thus, if we American girls happen to roll our eyes or blink for any reason we will have these Mexican bullies in our faces trying to push and shove us out of their way for some reason of which we were not aware. We were really not paying that much attention to the Mexican need to play uppity-upmanship but they are always watching us like the vulture to find their moment of opportunity. It has something to do with their binary simple Spanish culture, I would imagine. They are always very contemptuous and disdainful of us white girls in private Spanish conversation I imagine but they never show it to our faces. They concentrate on being nice and sweet to the public domain English language powers that be hoping that in this way we white girls will be pushed into the polar opposite role of being mean and nasty to them in public so that they can then report us to the authorities. This is part of their strategy of uppity-upsmanship. I see this but I always seem to be at a disadvantage in this game because even though I can translate Spanish language my melatonin is freckled and scarce. Thus, my situation in the Spanish world is precarious at best. I just don't fit there.