Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Guadalajara

Which reminds me that once while we were in the American School at Guadalajara my sister suddenly decided to go home with this other girl in her first grade class and I was somehow persuaded to go along against my better judgment. So we go home on the bus with this girl to some huge mansion on the other end of town and then when we didn't get off the bus on time at our bus stop our parents were frantically worried and calling all over the place trying to figure out where we were and finally they somehow got in contact with that girl's parents and then we were sent home and severely scolded for running off without asking parental permission. My sister never did have much sense about not running off with whoever came along but I was always much more cautious about that. I was persuaded to go along with them because she didn't want to go alone but that was not a solution to not having parental permission in the first place.