Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Chicken Pox

Which reminds me that I had chicken pox for an entire week when I was in first or second grade and had to stay home from school and slept most of the day with fever and chills and so forth. It happened to be the week of my birthday and so I was not able to have the birthday celebration with cupcakes in the classroom on the designated day as planned. I remember being very disappointed but life goes on. The clock does not stop just because I had chicken pox for a week. I was still a year older, obviously. Who would remember this anyway except the wicked witch Lange sisters whose backstabbing ways mean that there is no reason for us to reconnect anyway just to add more fodder to the would-be sham of pretending that we are still friends and still care to hear from each other just because we do still have your 12-year-old picture in our photo album even if we don't remember why.