Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Games

Which reminds me that during the summer after 11th grade we drove to the U.S. through Mexico and stopped in Houston and visited the Wright family whose son Mickey is married to Becky Stewart, Susie's older sister. They had a huge pool table there inside their front door and we got some lessons on how to play that game. The Stewarts are big game players. I might have played pool a couple of other times in my life although I don't remember when. I am really not that good at it so I really don't care if I never play pool again. It really doesn't matter to me. Nothing will ever come of me playing a game of pool one or another. Now ping pong, I used to be fairly good at ping pong but then we had a ping pong table in our backyard so I had better experience at ping pong. Still, games are just not that important. I vaguely remember one time at SCC a bunch of people informally were getting together to play volleyball in the gym but one guy was just making everyone miserable if we missed the ball or something because he had to win. Well, I was just there for recreation purposes, not competition, so I did not appreciate his making what was supposed to be a fun game into a miserable time of being berated by him. Some guys just take winning too seriously. There is a time for serious competition but that really wasn't the time given the obviously hopeless composition of our team which is why I don't want to hear another word about that. It just wasn't that important.