Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Scripting Problems

Ok, so this is the part of the script where I am supposed to launch into a tirade about all of these yappy little  Japanese attack poodles, cheerleader Kelly being a prime example of the Japan problem. "Were two atomic bombs not enough? Will we need to nuke stupid Kelly also, if only to zip Kelly's stupid mouth shut and thus advance this conversation beyond this annoying Japanese hangup point?" Yes, I really don't understand what the Japanese problem is at this time. I did feel a certain degree of pity in high school for Yasushi Takeda when describing his ambivalence and mixed feelings toward the United States, Japan's ally that had formerly nuked two major Japanese cities in order to terminate World War II early partly to cut down on U.S. casualties. And then we heard that he went on to work in the White House press corps representing Japan although I haven't heard anything recently. And there was the issue of Japanese people in the U.S. who spent the war years in prison camps. Yes, how sad. It must be sort of weird for Kelly Misaka to pretend to be a Christian when she is actually working for the Devil. Huh? Well, the U.S. treatment of Japan is puzzling and strange and I don't pretend to understand what the issues were but in wartime conditions anything can happen. There are no guarantees in life. And I have yet to understand why this should be my problem when I am not even remotely Japanese and not connected to this issue in any way. I heard the same speech that everyone else heard in high school but I don't know anything more about this than the average U.S. citizen. There are various types of Orientals, not only Japanese, even though sometimes it is hard for us foreigners to tell them apart. Certainly Japan could not reasonably expect to someday be running China in the democratic and self-governing view of things so what is their problem anyway? They have their island kingdom all to themselves so there should be no other expectation emanating from Japan that I know of, and yet I know nothing. Don't ask me. How would I know? In wartime conditions anything could happen.