Thursday, June 6, 2013

Which Reminds Me

One of the biggest turnoffs about the Popineau's was their odd fascination with Jimmy Swaggart. Of course that was before everyone knew the truth of that. But really my Christianity is not defined by televangelists. It is nice that people get saved and healed through their ministry but I do not share this fascination with televangelists. Years earlier one day we were watching television and my mother was ironing clothes and Jimmy Swaggart was on the television foaming and frothing at the mouth talking about what girls should and should not wear. My mother said that he probably has a problem or he would not get so worked up into a lather talking about that. Now we know the truth about the crude and vulgar Swaggart camp and all of their pathetically stupid hangers-on. My Christian faith is not based on anything those TV guys say and that is the way it should be. The truth of God witnesses of itself. So it is nice that the TV people also witness of the truth of God but anyway we must have salt in ourselves, is one way the old-timers might have put it. Louisiana is nothing to me. So I was explaining this to Alana Hays but she was too weird to understand what I was saying probably because everything bounced back later all turned around whacky, as if I ever met those people, as if I were that streetwalker who...  Never! How utterly rude and insulting of the Popineau's to suggest such a bald-faced lie. Unbelievable!