Monday, June 3, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Years ago about the time that I was working at a community newspaper nearby, I remember that the New Times or one of those alternative newspapers did a huge cover story on the problem of French Canadians. The article went on and on in their most artlessly "Yellow" way about the problem of this flood of horrible French Canadians coming down here to South Florida winters and filling the beaches and stores and parks with their rude and nasty presence. I might not have noticed the article if Bonnie, another reporter, had not pointed it out in the newsroom. Bonnie was loudly talking about it and emphatically agreeing with the general point of the article, heartily sharing as she did this media hatred of French Canadians in Bonnie's extreme way. I was shocked that Bonnie would say it that way, but, well, that was how Bonnie was. Bonnie was really much too extreme. I would never think of saying that sort of thing in print but apparently Bonnie is not shy about such things. I had forgotten about that but obviously someone has forgotten to mainly ignore Bonnie's big mouth. It just wasn't that important.