Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Which Reminds Me

I wasn't planning to pick a fight with anyone but when Carolina Gonzalez was having such an obnoxious attitude and insisting that nobody touch her stuff and making special deals with Beth, the main editor, and trumpeting loudly the fact that she was elected by the ninth grade class to be their spokesperson on the newspaper and how dare anyone fix her wording whenever that did happen, and perhaps we did get heavy-handed sometimes in that regard, and then Kathy suggested that we edit Carol's last column of the year also, even though Carol had made angry speeches about her writing untouched and also Beth had given special instructions to just leave her stuff alone, and then I agreed that Carol's attitude was obnoxious and then it was done. Oddly, looking back now at the text of that column, it does not resemble anything that I remember of the original text that was edited for various spelling errors. What is there is something about the musical play that I would be appearing in a week or so and from there some rambling commentary about how my voice is not that good and how I will never amount to anything. So obviously the final text is not even what we corrected wrongly without Beth's permission. Kathy obviously had other plans in mind when staging the original corrections, having substituted some other nonsense authored by herself, something about their CIA mission orders to trash me and exalt my Sister-From-Hell, perhaps with some input from the nasty Wilson girls. Because all of these people only remember one thing about me, which is that comment that I made at age 10 about someday being famous and writing my autobiography. To them everything about me is just a cartoon caricature of that one event. So obviously if everyone has already planned my ultimate failure and humiliation in their eyes, there would be no reason for me to pretend to be a friend to them. Years ago I used to agonize in my diary about how everybody hates me but now I realize that it isn't all about me. Now I realize there is more to their rotten attitudes than just me.