Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it really is very insulting to have these people basically spitting in my face and telling me that I cannot "use" them, as if such a thought ever crossed my mind, and as if I were a less than human creature they are entitled to trample upon in this stereotypical way. It does sort of make you want to "use" them just to pay it back to them somehow, because they are so utterly rude sometimes, but we are Christians and we are instructed by Jesus to turn the other cheek, walk the extra mile, etc., even though they really don't deserve anything from us. We never imagined high school as a game that we were required to "lose." Perhaps our cooperative participation would bring them to their knees in repentance of their own unbridled greed and selfish ambition but somehow I think probably not. And yet they are allowed to "use" me in this grossly insulting and contrarian way, which is so wrong, but anyway, life is short. Hopefully the next time this scenario plays out they will learn that things do not always work in their greedy selfish way.