Saturday, June 1, 2013

Welcome to my MIserable Life

I declined to perform on the piano at the Sanchez shindig at their house. It was embarrassing the way they were trying to egg me on to perform because I was not expecting that and not prepared. And besides I am really not that good so they should not have so many expectations. But foreigners like the Sanchez are always so impressed with the persnickety airs of snooty New Englanders, which of course only proves they are yet foreigners in their own minds. They do not seem to understand that the rest of us are often not at all like New Englanders. Many U.S. citizens never read a book twice and never want to think that much about punctuation after college, let alone ever set foot in New England. Book dissection and autopsy skills generally are not useful unless you are applying for admission to some pretentiously secretive club of no practical value. Why would I want to overly complicate life by socializing with that type of horribly nasty New England snob? The thought never occurred to me. I just don't care.