Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Lump of Cole

Yes, it is sort of hard to think of anything nice to say about Dana Cole from this vantage point. I could say something similar about Joanna Cole, the daughter of Ed Cole who was also a college classmate of sorts although I don't think she ever lived on campus. We talked a couple of times, as I remember it, one of these a walk around Fashion Island shopping mall with several other people. So wicked of her to steal someone else's husband, as I heard later. Oh, I did not know that. I see that she married some guy of whom I remember nothing. I looked at his picture in the yearbook but I really don't remember him. A lot of these people their faces look sort of vaguely familiar but we never talked and I couldn't tell you the first thing about them and how they got together. Yet somehow these rich and affluent Cole dogs can do nothing wrong while we poor Calkins are whipped and lashed for no particular reason except that maybe we are just too poor to pay for mafia justice, unlike his ex-wife. That would be such an un-Christian thing to do anyway. This whole thing just makes no sense to me. We were never the property of the Cole family anyway so maybe the Coles will get a clue that with Ed and Ralph gone they have nothing else to say to us. To us, they are just another huge museum archive to post online or something for posterity's sake, now that the past generation is mostly gone.