Thursday, December 19, 2013

Which Reminds Me

When we were living in El Salvador, my parents being missionaries received every month donations from many people and churches. Every month they would get a huge list of all of the various supporters which was their job to review and do their accounting with to report to headquarters or something. It was complicated. My mother always took care of the bookkeeping stuff so I really would not know. I do remember that during a time when we were having a rough time financially there was one family in California that suddenly pledged a rather large amount monthly for the duration of the time that we were in El Salvador and this was like a miracle to my parents at a time when they really needed it. After we returned to the U.S. they stopped sending us that money and sent it to someone else overseas who they deemed more in need of it which was fine because my mother started working then anyway so were fine. When we first returned to California we visited them at their house and their two sons drove us around for a few minutes and we talked. Later we heard that they had moved from California to somewhere up north, maybe Idaho or Montana or some place like that. Since then I imagine having heard messages from those two guys, some gobbledygook about how they have wives now and they won't be sending me any money. That is fine with me because they never gave me any money in the first place anyway. It was only the parents who were our among our family's financial supporters anyway, not their spoiled rotten brats.