Thursday, December 26, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I suppose that someone remembers how I used to come home from high school every day about 4:30 p.m. and head to the refrigerator for a snack, often a piece of wheat bread, so delicious all on its own, and a glass of water. My sister joked that I was like a prisoner subsisting on bread and water. The other thing I might snack on would be my own version of a pickle sandwich, something that nowadays I probably would not think of but at the time was something that I would make for myself. I don't quite remember anymore what exactly I used except I am sure there was cheese. I like cheese, unlike some other people I could think of. So it would be my sister, also the maid, and maybe my sister's friend Conchi, who would probably remember that about me. Sad about Conchi traitorously turning her back on Christianity and turning Jehovah's Witness. We thought those people knew better but my sister was the one who dragged her along everywhere. I really never liked having that pathetically dumb person underfoot but when do I ever get what I want?