Monday, December 9, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I suppose it is sort of interesting that Jacob Chamberlain, the missionary to India in the 19th century, was a graduate of Western Reserve College in Ohio. Nowadays we do not think of Ohio as being a western state but I suppose that back in the 19th century Ohio was already quite a few miles west of New York. Anyway, although there were many impressive missionaries serving in the 19th century around the world, it is true that Chamberlain's ability to tell his story in book form brings him into sharp focus in many minds even though many others could tell similar stories, probably, but did not write books about it so we only have Chamberlain, who wasn't the first or the last, only one more vocal than most, certainly. Only recently did I learn that my great-grandparents, the Barth ones, were actually from Ohio. Oh, I didn't know that. I never had any thought of Ohio as being a state of interest. I just thought everyone was from California. Perhaps it was the wimps who stayed back East and did not go out to the mission fields to witness so whatever. Now I am confusing myself. But which was which? Ok, sorry. Whatever.

Anyway, those guys made it so hard for me to be nice to them. They are always so angry with me. It is not like I could ever doing anything right in their eyes. If I say the world is round they will argue that the world is flat just to spite me. And even if they are wrong you can be sure that things will be rejiggered for them to win the "game "even if it really wasn't a game, just the truth, but if so they really deserved to lose. Which means that I need to just disappear from their lives entirely so that they will not get another chance to "hurt" me because basically nobody cares what happens to me. I am just not going to be available on that grounds.

I am not your Irish double, notwithstanding the fictions in circulation. I am actually not interested in getting the second-hand junk of Michigan's stupid Pammy-Puke. Maybe someday the Roberts family will get a clue and move back to Michigan where they belong because, really, I am not their slave property. I really don't care about them. I only care about my family and me, like everybody else on the planet. Hillsdale College means nothing to me.