Sunday, December 29, 2013

Which Reminds Me

I remember that while I was living in Virginia in filling out some form I did not tick the box waiving my right to know. I don't remember why. So this means that if I could remember what that was I could still go back and demand to see the file or record except that I have forgotten what that was so whatever. Anyway, I am pretty sure that I was not applying for a job in television. I am so NOT photogenic enough to be on camera, NOT strong enough to lug heavy equipment, NOT techie enough to understand about engineering and managing the various dials and knobs and switches and whatever it is they do in TV land. I seriously doubt that God would have wanted me to waste time contemplating a career in television when I am so obviously unsuited for that field. Sandy got a TV job but she got there a couple of years earlier. Those who came later were turned away. Thus it was not necessary to rub in this point, as if the nattering nabobs of negativity of Agnew's parlance were still out there sawing logs. Notwithstanding the value of new agriculture, I suppose that my acceptance of illegal bribe funding would have disqualified me from running for office except that I had never contemplated politics of the electoral variety. And also I do not recall ever accepting bribe funding from specially interested parties. I never did seek employment in the field of advertising notwithstanding my having taken one copywriting class. Maybe I had a way with words, as the teacher commented, but my prospects did not seem promising. So many directions to contemplate, so little time. I just can't do everything and still have a life. And yet with no husband to share a life with, there will be nothing for me to do but work work work to pay for my own life. Which means that I am sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place in a manner of speaking.