Sunday, December 15, 2013

Which Reminds Me

In the diaries the name of Randy Bellows appears maybe once or twice. From the context we can see that he is the son or grandson of one of great-grandmother's Smith cousins. Of course, until I read the diaries and started doing my genealogy I had no idea there were any Smiths on our family tree. I had no idea that great-grandmother was actually born in New York/Pennsylvania depending on which document you are referring to, a small town near the border of these two states. I had no idea that anyone knew anything about the Smiths of Pennsylvania/New York, so distant is the connection and so insignificantly distant in our minds. Ok, so there is a distant cousin out there named Randy Bellows if he is still living but nothing is explained, just that she met with him while visiting the East Coast. Ok, so that's nice.