Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Yes, isn't that Terry Abbot I heard smugly and self-righteously crowing about his own abstemious behavior in comparison to mine? And yet I see that he has fallen into the temptation against which we were warned by the Apostle Paul himself, that of comparing ourselves one to another. There is none righteous, no not one, as the apostle has said. If you think that your self-esteem is based on entirely on being better than me, and thus earning the right to spite me, then well, you are in serious trouble. You have fallen short of the mark and have been found wanting, obviously, because being better than me is nothing really, a mere cakewalk. Obsessing so much on my faults proves only that you failed to set your eyes on things above. The plumbline was leveled and you were found to be hideously deformed and crooked. So I am just trying to say, while avoiding a futile attempt at defending my own defenseless behavior, that even so God forgives me and your failure to forgive me will make it difficult for God to forgive your impudence later. I am just saying. Like, who are you anyway to be so cruel?