Friday, January 2, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Coincidentally, Eugenia's name appears in the diaries of my great-grandmother because she came up to the United States with us during a vacation that year and was recorded in the diaries as playing games with the Butterfield cousins while we were somewhere else. She also appears in the U.S. a few years later when we were on furlough. What Eugenia and the Butterfields were conspiring behind our backs I really don't know. Great-grandmother does not explain it very clearly, just mentions her name as having been there. It is a bit annoying the way these Mexicans always have a way of trying to make us feel guilty about something, as if we owe them everything just because we were there. Well, it is more complicated than that.

Coincidentally, some distant cousin of my great-grandmother was married to a certain Mr. Price but I really wouldn't be able to explain that. You would have to ask someone else because I really don't know those people.