Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Yes, that was nice of Mr. Coffee to take us all bowling, but wasn't his first name Jim? I really don't remember very much about him. Just that while he was visiting El Salvador he got chummy with the missionaries there. Becky was his tour guide and was showing him around but then my parents made a fuss about them spending too much time together. After all, Mr. Coffee was a married man and should be going home now to his wife and children in San Diego. What was Becky thinking, getting on such familiar terms with a married man? Did she think there was going to be a happy ending similar to that of that romance novel written by one of missionary wives in which the visiting missionary bachelor finds the love of his life while visiting at a missionary's home? No, it wasn't really like that. Single women should not be expecting too much from mission field adventures. And I suppose that the Stewarts are expecting me to pay for that in vindication of Becky's honor. As if I could control what my parents say and do. As if.