Friday, September 16, 2016

Which Reminds Me

I am seeing a lot of misinformation, or perhaps it is disinformation, in regards to Uncle Winfred's rock crushing operations. It was my late grandmother who wrote a letter to Uncle Winfred appealing for a piece of that and yet conceding that their mother had given control of it to him, but still basing her appeal on the idea that their mother would have wanted all of the children to have some of that, but anyway all of the children already did each get a share of the mineral rights assuming there is anything there worth pumping out of the ground which is probably why Uncle Winfred did not do anything about the rocks which apparently don't fall under the category of minerals so legally speaking he is under no obligation to distribute rocks to everyone. Anyway, even so, there is still that letter from my grandmother floating around the stratosphere. We talked about that once years ago but we weren't planning to do anything else about that, at least I was not, because, anyway, that wasn't my idea, and also I already have a fairly interesting rock collection, pretty rocks that I picked up here and there when as a child which reminded me of various places I have been, so I really am not interested in learning more about some other rock pile that has no personal meaning for me. Just because someone, maybe some distant cousins, are circulating spurious information trying to stir up some controversy on the subject of crushing rocks, that does not mean that I am going to fall for that. I would prefer to avoid an unnecessary argument about rocks, so just because they want to pick a fight with me for some mysterious reasons of their own, that does not mean that I would need to do something about that. Some mysterious persons are circulating information that appears to be about Uncle Winfred, and yet all in all that doesn't really look like him. It looks more like a snake that wants to eat me for dinner. And what makes them think that I am so stupid that I am just going to roll over and die without even noticing that I am being murdered, all so that they can concentrate the wealth in fewer hands and not have to share anything with me, even though it was never mine to start with so there were no guarantees one way or another? So, yes, I get it, but I don't see the need to react in the predictable ways that you imagine. I am just going to ignore the not-so-funny rock-crushing jokes until somebody upstairs can be found to help me turn that off, because it's all just over my head.