Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Which Reminds Me

During my first year at Evangel College, we were in the dorm room of Jan Chance, at the opposite end of the floor from mine, and we (Jan, myself and Rhonda Hurd) were playing a board game, maybe "Sorry" although I am not sure, and we got into a huge discussion about the rules of the game and Jan was challenging me to prove that I am not cheating and finally we had to pull out the rules so I could show her on the printed sheet where it says that I can do that and then everything was fine for a while and the game continued and we were friends again. However, I later decided that I would prefer not to ever play games with Jan again in the future given her penchant for suddenly launching into these odd screaming fits for no apparent reason. I mean, who likes being called a cheater when actually I am the one who read the rules before the game started? Where is it written in the rules that I have to prove something to these challengers who just make a big hassle out of everything so as not to be helpful. It just wasn't that important.