Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Carlsbad Riff-Raff

Yes, I vaguely remember mentioning to my sister that one time when I was living in California and I stopped by grandpa Calkins' house for some reason for a very short time and grandpa was at that time single after grandma had died and he had a bunch of young guys living in his house. One of them was there at the time that I stopped by and he was introduced to me by grandpa and I don't remember his name or anything about him except that he looked like a biker wearing brass knuckles or something on his hands. So I mentioned to my sister that maybe if grandpa has all these sort of cool looking single guys there that maybe I should stop by more often and meet them and find out who they are but then I never did that because, I don't know, Carlsbad was just too far away from the place where I was living and anyway grandpa is always busy with his social life which comprised mostly of very old people such as Stella and so it just never happened.