Monday, September 12, 2011

Staples

Yes, I do remember, and probably a lot of other people do also, the day in high school when Bevy Ochoa was using the stapler on the teacher's desk and then she was running around saying, "Me engrapé el dedo! Me engrapé el dedo!" which is to say, "I stapled my finger! I stapled my finger!" Did I ask what the words meant? I really don't remember but I think the meaning of the word was sort of evident from the context of the situation. It was not hard to deduce that "engrapar" means "to staple." Someone asked me about that later, like what was Bevy saying, and I explained that she had stapled her finger and "engrapar" means "to staple." So there is really nothing else to say about that. Obviously Bevy was in a lot of pain at the time. I probably would be too if I had stapled my finger. Fortunately that never happened.