Friday, September 23, 2011

More on Heather

It was interesting to learn recently that Heather's family once owned a newspaper in Houston. I never knew that. In high school I just thought she was a professional snob as are all DK (diplomat kids). I have no clue who those people are or what their parents do out there in the other world. Nor would it ever cross my mind to consult them in regards to my own career plans or decisions regarding my professional future as for example my own career in newspapers for whatever it was worth. The fact remains that nothing that I do is any of their business. They have way too much money, much more than they deserve having coming by it through birth without ever having to earn anything, and so I don't see how it would matter to them at all what I might do later in my professional career and adult life. I don't see how the circumstance of having been in the same classroom should have any bearing on whether I may or may not outshine them in the future even though I do not have as much inherited money as they or the high-powered connections that they boast of. Do you really think that the rags to riches story is not applicable to white people and that all white people must descend into a life of grinding poverty in order to fund Heather's extravagant and luxurious gilded mansion and flotilla of staff genealogists? There is something wrong with Heather's sick brain but I am not sure exactly what, something about the stinkingly sulphurous Texas tea they drink over there. I'm not sure what their problem is but stealing from the poor to puff up the rich and mighty is not really the stuff that greatness is made of.