Saturday, September 10, 2011

Carolina

Yes, everyone seems to have me confused with Carolina Gonzalez, our Rover columnist for the Trojan Times. Carolina always did have a somewhat brutal attitude about everything, always pecking away at people in her column. I have no idea where she got her ideas. She was way out there with Dave Barry, sort of more shocking than funny and nothing that I would ever think of writing or saying. (Don't ask me how Maria Smith got dumped in Cucamonga. I have no idea if that was Carolina or someone else. I just don't remember anything about that article in the senior issue telling of seniors' college plans.) Carolina was elected by the ninth grade class to be their columnist and no one dared to argue with the People's Republic of Ninth Grade. Carolina was the people's choice. That is what they wanted so that is what they got. I have no idea whether Carolina's writing improved later or her attitude because that was only ninth grade. I was happy to leave the Trojan Times far behind me and never have to listen to Carolina's whiny voice ever again. Not that I would ever say that publicly but then Carolina would say things like that about me so she probably should be expecting a boatload of backlash because that is what happens when you live by the sword. You die by the sword.