Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Agencies

That was strange the way Stacy was yapping about cleaning fluids and the virtues of being a paid housecleaner and how she got housecleaning jobs from the housecleaning job agencies to fund her opera singing lessons from the teacher whose studio is at the Met and to pay her living expenses while auditioning for opera jobs in NYC. Of course, that was all before she fell and got pregnant out of wedlock and had to leave town. And don't I want to go to New York and be another wannabe showgirl who cleans houses for a living? As I was saying, I think that I did not go back to school for a journalism degree with the expectation of auditioning for opera and Broadway revues and the related accompanying garbage that goes along with living in NYC. Surely a college degree is worth more than that. What kind of misery would await me in NYC? I can't think of anyone in NYC that I would actually want to meet up with. Better to find a job that fits my personality and skills than to waste a lot of time beating the bushes trying to find something that won't work for me.