Thursday, March 15, 2012

Camilo Connection?

  1. I remember in high school agreeing with Carol that Camilo Sesto's music is just too racy and embarrassingly explicit for a girl to actually listen to, sadly like a lot of Spanish music and poetry because he does have a good voice.
  2. In high school English class we intensively studied Ernest Hemingway's "The Old Man and the Sea," about the Cuban fisherman who lands a whopper.
  3. Earlier today while trolling the Internet I read about the existence of Camilo Guevara, son of Che, who is apparently some sort of Minister of Fishing for the Cuban government.
  4. One of my Spanish literature teachers might have been of Cuban origin although I really don't remember.
Question: Are these dots connected?

Conclusion: No, these dots are not connected in any way. Nowadays there are Cubans everywhere in the U.S. but especially here in Florida. So does this make me a Communist? No, I am not a Communist and not interested in being stuffed in that political box, a simplistic closed-box system that ultimately doesn't actually work just like my sealed ecosystem jar in biology couldn't last forever without getting very cloudy in there. Obviously, they get a lot of help from their friends, too.