Friday, March 30, 2012

Lynda's Big Fat Zero

So Lynda assigned to herself a big fat zero. That was back during college days, when she was driving that little Honda Civic that was given a special treatment by herself, wrapped in toilet paper and moved onto the front lawn across from music theory class. The night before several students pulled a huge prank, painting slogans all over the windshields of every car in the college parking lot as well as some other vandalism. Someone else's car was assigned $1 million.

I slept through the whole thing. Nobody told me anything about it. I just woke up the next morning and everything was a mess. I went to music theory class that morning and sat near Lynda and Mr. Elliott, our teacher, gently chided  Lynda, "Why did you do that, Lynda?" I learned later that Dennis and Dauna also were involved.

So just because I happened to be sitting there in the same music class as Lynda, that does not mean that I would have wanted to do that or knew anything about it or that I would want Lynda's Big Fat Zero transferred to me. No, I am not taking Zero.

Ok, so maybe it is not my place to assign the exact amount to the penny, but still I do get the distinct impression that someone owes me something if only as recompense for putting up with all of these Wicked Witches as long as I did.