Saturday, March 17, 2012

High School Misery

I remember high school mostly as a time of miserable misery, a time when I had no real friends, a time when there was nothing to look forward to except a future time beyond high school when I would have returned home to the U.S. and met my real friends and found a real life for myself beyond the confines of the limited and miserably depressing social structures of high school in a foreign country, where the only American people are really not all that American, as for example obnoxious Libby Penders who always was completely useless in terms of being a high school classmate and whose face, in case you did not get the message, I really don't care if I never see again in this lifetime, certainly not after high school graduation. Did I not say farewell loudly enough? So why are these obnoxious high school people still trying to extend their days of glory long after high school is past? Just because you drove a car in high school while I did not even learn how to drive until age 19, that does not mean that your "advantage" will matter in the long run. There is no reason for you to be constantly sticking your nose into every little thing that I do in my long lifetime, hoping to preserve your artificial "advantage" into eternity. In the end, it really won't matter what your descendants do later if you yourself are burning in hell.