Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mark

Have I forgotten that Mark Hummel despises me and wants nothing to do with me? How stupid do these people think I am, anyway? Obviously, I am not going to go to New York City expecting any favors from Mark Hummel. During college I did sing at one workshop taught by Mark, only because either it was my voice teacher's idea or my accompanist was in Mark's class, and that was the only time that I ever had any interaction with Mark, who was my voice teacher's son. He took a dislike to me and said that he would not want to work with me in the future. As it turns out, it seems that I am not missing anything important anyway. It would seem that Mark Hummel favors only trashy cabaret dancer types and anyway I never had any Broadway ambitions. The things that one would have to do to succeed on Broadway would be too horrifying to contemplate. In a speech given to music students at our college, Mark described the wild partying that goes on after the shows, hotel rooms trashed and riotous carrying on late into the night. Most of us were not impressed with Mark's priorities. I just couldn't care less about New York and the Broadway music scene.