Friday, August 3, 2012

Time Travel Drugs

Yes, that was so weird, all that stuff about the Tudor cousins, Queen Elizabeth I and the Catholic Mary Queen of Scots, who earned the nickname "Bloody Mary" because she put so many people to death during her brief reign, before she was ousted and replaced by her Protestant cousin. It is possible that the McClellans of the 16th century were acquainted with the Royals and yet this bizarre ranting of yours proves only that Stacy and her crew are definitely on some sort of drugs. I have no Catholic cousins that I know of, certainly none named Mary. I have always been Protestant and yet it is my Dad's cousin whose name is Elizabeth and she is really not a Protestant now. My grandparents were living in Throckmorton in 1930, according to census data, and yet we have no idea of Sir Walter Raleigh or why we should take special note that he secretly married Elizabeth Throckmorton, who was a servant of the queen's. So I just don't get it. These things are a matter of historical record and yet they have nothing to do with me. My grandmother's name was Strickland, a family that may have been somehow connected to Mary, and yet this has nothing to do with me. Our Strickland ancestors doubtless came to America to distance themselves from all of that Catholic hysteria. No insult intended to the Stricklands of UK, but we really do not see any reason to reconnect or bridge back to all of that ancient history. It just gets ridiculous. It is not who we are. Besides, time travel is really not possible technically or technologically speaking. We mortals are bound by time and space and only God can see beyond these perimeters. I remember having this discussion about time travel with Cori and she was furious that I refused to believe that time travel is possible. I still disbelieve it, even if there was some seeming rationality to the idea. I think that we only have one life and that's all we get. That is how God made this world. Someone really should remind Cori of this point but then I suppose that whatever I said about that got mangled and turned around in reverse just like everything else I ever said.