Sunday, August 19, 2012

I Don't Follow the Logic

I vaguely remember in high school once leafing through a book about logic and experiencing that numbing sense of brain freeze but anyway this just proves that you obviously did not write the book. I know that you always hated it when my mother would begin her relentless questioning of things, and she is almost always right which it makes it doubly hard if you have only these ridiculous answers to give, but anyway you cannot just go around connecting dots that just don't connect. Like for example this absurd reminder of the time at Evangel, during my first year of college back in the U.S., when on a particular day many students were sent out selling apples door to door to raise funds for something. I remember walking the sidewalks of Springfield on a somewhat damp and drizzly day, seeing the rust-colored leaves strewn here and there, on some lawns neatly raked into little piles, with my two or three companions who included a guy named Robert Adams from Pennsylvania. So? Obviously he was not the author of any Timbuktu memoir. He was just another guy in college. So there is obviously no connection and no reason to make an issue out of that. Perhaps you really should know that we all just think that you are a little crazy, quite batty actually, but then again it is hard to verbalize these things especially if we might be related.