Monday, August 20, 2012

Taxes

I vaguely remember that years ago at Oakland Park there were a lot of Italians in our church. Suzette was one who was said to work at the IRS office in Broward County. I seem to remember someone joking that it might be awkward for Suzette to have to go after her own mafia cousins for their tax evasive ways. Or maybe Suzette said that herself. I don't remember. I only overheard something about that but I don't remember anything specific, like why her cousins whoever they are would have cause for concern. It might be true or it might have been a sort of joke. I barely knew Suzette anyway and I always have paid my taxes so there was no reason to give that conversation much thought. Perhaps some persons were worried about someone they know personally from church having access to all their personal information at the IRS and supplying that to all their friends and acquaintances but I really wouldn't know anything about that. Nobody ever tells me anything.

Which demonstrates another problem with the Oakland Park Church, which was that it was full of these whiny Italians who formerly lived in New York isolated in their Italian neighborhoods attending their Italian churches and then they come here and expect everything to still be all about them and themselves to always be in charge of everything. But the world is not an Italian enclave and it is not fair for them to just use non-Italians like me to take out their garbage in this ignominious way. They grandstand but they really have nothing intelligent to say about this, obviously.