Monday, August 20, 2012

Artifices

I sometimes detect the juvenile artifices of my little sister's shaggy dog pals from high school days. As for example all this yapping about nuns, as if having watched the movie "The Sound of Music" too many times (maybe five or six) qualifies me for admission to the nunnery where Maria lived before she was sent out to be a children's governess. It was a good movie but to be honest I never was all that fond of the song, "Climb Every Mountain," sung by the chief nun in the scene where she sends Maria away. The scenes of the wedding chapel are beautiful but that is not a place to live on a permanent basis. And who would know all of this better than my little sister? I really don't have time to follow every rainbow. Life is short. Sorry, but I am just not available.