Monday, August 13, 2012

Stormie Sighting

I vaguely remember during college spending the weekend with Robin and her mother in Hollywood and attending the Easter service at Church on the Way, which was held in some outdoor stadium, not at the church itself, for that occasion. It seems to me that the musicians might have included Michael and Stormie Omartian or else we saw them as we walked through the crowds on our way out of the building and Robin or someone was talking about Stormie Omartian and how beautiful she looks in her exquisitely fashioned outfit. Yes, I suppose, with a husband of that level of wealth and fame that Stormie could probably afford to wear such an expensive outfit with all those tiny little cloth-covered mutton chop buttons or whatever it was. I don't remember myself saying very much about that as I don't really know those people, just seeing the interesting sights while exiting the stadium accompanied by Robin's motormouth commentary. It was not until later that I read Stormie's biography and learned that sometimes these famous people have quite the awful pasts. Of course, Stormie might be Foursquare now, but before she became a Christian she had quite a horrible past as a Hollywood starlet. It was surprising to me how calmly she detailed her transgressions in the book that she wrote. I would have been embarrassed to even think of that. Of course I never did anything like that, only read the book. Like my sister always said, there are those who do the horseback riding and there are others like me who, after one ride around on the horse, would rather spend the rest of the time indoors reading "My Friend Flicka."