Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hearsay

Yes, I have heard tell of explorations underway in the frozen tundra of Iowa. There are those, I once heard, who wonder why there is much much busybody buzzing of bees emanating from the state of Iowa, a real hornet's nest and yet a state of no real interest or connection to me personally. I couldn't care less about Iowa. Perhaps the Butterfields are aware of Iowa, having lived there at some time in the 1960s according to the diaries, but I have no clue beyond that minor detail and have never met any of their relatives or friends of Iowa. There is no reason for me to entertain any thought of Iowa or have even the slightest regard for the opinions of the hoi polloi of Iowa, myself never having entertained the thought of running for president. It was Katherine Pyle who assisted with Pat Robertson's campaign. You could always ask Katherine. I don't know anything about that.