Monday, August 6, 2012

Busy Bee

I am very busy today. Thanks for saying hello but I won't be stopping to talk long because obviously I have a lot of things on my mind and also places to go and things to do. That was my habitual excuse during college for not really stopping to chat often. I did not necessarily have a full calendar. Still, I often decline to waste time chatting with mindless yappy whiners, not that I would say it that way exactly. I remember using the busy excuse to eventually forget about being friends with Laurie Way. I was just always too busy to talk, especially after learning that she was mainly preoccupied with the mindless issue of dancing. To dance or not to dance. Did I not overhear her talking about how she and Dean Chenault sneaked into some bar for dancing even though it was against the college rules? Why do these people get all worked up about such trivial pursuits? Do these busybodies so preoccupied with bucking the rules ever have time to do their homework? I don't know. I don't have time to figure this out because this might get me in trouble, too. And even the ones who pretend to go by the rules are always confused about the truth so we really aren't sure who is who. Take, for example, wishy-washy Tim Cederblom. One day he might be calling me his "sister" and another day he might be forgetting that my name is not that Leigh Ann Fulmer (MK-Germany), not that I ever cared about what the busybody Cederbloms think about anything. Scandinavians are such whiners.