Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ancient History

Yes, I suppose you want me to discuss the week that I spent at the Butterfield house when my parents were busy itinerating and I was maybe 7 years old. I don't remember very much about that except that I had a very miserable week there. I was so glad to finally get home where everything in the house smells like the way my Mom does things, as I was saying. Not that I am saying that things stink over there. It was just that that was the moment that I first noticed that different people's houses smell differently and have very different atmospheres, depending on various factors. I vaguely remember feeling so out of kilter because nothing was the way it was supposed to be in my opinion. If you like my relatives so much you are welcome to adopt them all as your own cousins from hell. I would probably just thank you for taking the burden off my hands. I don't know why I suddenly think I remember being at a Sambo's coffee shop at some time and maybe Uncle Art something ominous about Sambo although I really do not remember what. I was just a little kid anyway. We always just ignore all these odd things they say because we really do not understand what they are talking about. We cannot expect to keep track of the Butterfield migrations around the planet when we have our own lives to live. Life is short.