Friday, August 24, 2012

Mother's Job

They say that a mother's job is never done but I really hate to have to say that my mother sometimes takes her job too far. Directly after college I worked for two years at the same company where my parents worked. It is hard enough to be trying to establish myself in a first job, and then to have my own obsessive-compulsive mother checking on me from around the corner to make sure that I am doing my job and carrying out my boss's orders is so utterly humiliating that it just makes me want to hang my head in shame and crawl under a rock. It is not like I would ever get any respect from co-workers with my mother sabotaging my confidence at every turn. Even though the Ten Commandments tell me to honor my mother and my father, there really ought to be a way to do that without committing suicide but I haven't figured that out yet.