Thursday, January 10, 2013

Good or Bad?

Yes, that was so cold and cruel of John Bueno to try to put my Mom and I on some kind of weird guilt trip that day near the time of my graduation from high school. One would think that he would have had some encouraging thing to say to me about my future adult life and plans for college and possible vocation or something. Instead, he was talking about the money as if there was some reason for us to feel guilty about something. I was not sure exactly what that was about. I don't recall any drama about the school finances. Obviously the Buenos had already been very successful in recruiting the wealthy donors as the schools were already quite well financed as far as we knew. Also the Buenos had brought to the country their dear friend, the millionaire Don Benner who positively dripped with money in his bold plan to divorce his wife and marry the schoolteacher and found an orphanage there, so obviously there was nothing for us to say about that.