Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Whatever "It" Meant

I am sorry to say that I really do not remember what "it" meant. Someone was lamenting that she was feeling like an "it" and I tried to be sympathetic but I don't remember exactly what she was talking about. Perhaps Dauna would remember as she obviously knows everything about everything and has lots of ways of getting in there behind the scenes and hammering on things and trying to figure out what everybody was doing and talking about even when they would rather not share it with her, especially as she does not have a particularly empathetic point of view and only wants to gossip. Actually, come to think of it, Dauna was not present at the original conversation and I forgot that she would not know what I was talking about. Yes, that was it. I referred to the "it" in a conversation with Dauna and she did not remember the original conversation where that came from so obviously Dauna cannot produce the "it" if I cannot remember what the "it" meant unless by some deduction. Dauna cannot bear to not know something but I am afraid that Dauna will have to be satisfied with nothing more. I really don't remember very much about that anymore, not even the name of the person who originally said that. It was something that I just want to forget about. Obviously I cannot possibly remember something that I have completely forgotten.

One thing that I have not forgotten is that Dauna is annoyed by that song constantly ringing in the ears, "It's a Small World After All," as am I in these contexts. Not to denigrate Disney's cute little ride but anyway "it" is probably a lot more complicated than I could possibly explain as I never really understood what she was talking about in the first place. Enough said about that.